Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to shift all cues on track without moving the beatgrid

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need to know how to shift all cues on track without moving the beat grid. When getting automatic cue points from mixed in key 7 for serato, and then setting the get cues from ID3 tags it doesn't add a beat grid, so when it is analyzed by VDJ the grid is fine, but due to different languages in the serato and VDJ software the cues are all offset. When I use the shift_all_cues - or + any amount it also adjusts the beat grid when it is fine in the first place. Is there any other script to use to adjust all cues without moving the beat grid or is this just a bug or error in VDJ right now. I truly need help fast, as I had all my music backed up and had a computer crash and the VDJ database I most recently backed up is corrupt, so without fixing this problem, I will be screwed on my next gig tomorrow. Thanks and hope to hear back from someone soon!

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 11:38 pm
You can always re-analyze the track after you move your hotcues so that the CBG goes back to it's original place.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 9:39 am
I dont know how I was having the error before, it seems random. Now it is allowing me to re-analyze, but for like the past week it wouldn't allow me to analyze the track no matter what. Today it is working fine. And before I could delete favorite folders, and now I cant delete them and none of my favorite folders are populated. I haven't moved any of my files, so I dont understand. The random issues I'm having seems random, sometimes certain things work and sometimes not. I have Norton, do you think that could be the issue. I know Ive heard it can cause some problems, just never heard of my issues. Thank you for the advise though, cause I retried re-analyzing and it mysteriously working fine now.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 6:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
move all cues +X & adjust CBG -X all in one script

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 1:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)