Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: knob / slider offset problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,
This is a bit hard to describe for non-native english person like me, but there seem to be a some sort of "smart" offset heuristic on controller knobs and sliders, that if contollers position of knob/slider is not the same as the software's position of the knob/slider, nothing happens, until you move the controllers knob/slider to the same position This means that the knob / slider is not working until you happened to lock it back to right position with the software. It is smart feture in some situations, but with my controller it loses its control of a function time to time. Is there a way to disable this feature from the settings? Or alternate the mapping of the knob/slider so that this thing wont happen?
Hope you understand what I mean? :)

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 8:38 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
PS: I'm not sure if its hardware releated or script related. Actually most of knobs work correctly, But I have mapped my bass eq knob to this function:
param_bigger 50% ? eq_low 50% & param_invert & filter : filter 50% & eq_low
It means that If I adjust the position over 12 o clock, it is not bass eq anymore but works as a filter knob. Most of the time it woks correctly, but sometimes (Especially when I adjust both the deck 1's bass knob and deck2's knob at the same time) it loses it focus :(

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 8:42 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes this is the so called soft-takeover where you have to “catch“ the software slider first.
You can change that in the options if you want another behaviour.
It is called “controllerTakeoverMode“.

As for mapping, maybe you have to determine first if it is deck 1 or deck 2 on which the slider is processed in order to not loose the focus.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)