Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Audio Problem (Digital Static Build up)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure If VDJ automatically updated lately, but I just began having sever audio glitches in the last week. My NS7II would work fine for 30min to an hour... but then, the audio starts clicking with digital static. I gets louder and louder until I had to power off the controller. Also, the controller would start to lag at the same time. When I used the fader, it would show movements on screen, but wouldn't affect the audible volume until a couple seconds later. It continued to happen even after switching from Asio to windows audio driver. The only way to clear the problem was to power down the NS7II and turn it back on. Reinstalling drivers and software did not help.

Also, did not update Windows lately

VDJ - 2438.1060
Windows 8.1 64
AUSU G751 i7-4710hq
Samsung Pro and crucial M500 SSD Hardrives

CPU looked fine when all this was happening.

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 7:04 pm
Sounds like an issue with the ASIO driver. Try increasing the ASIO buffer size or start your whole session on WDM and see if it comes back.

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 7:17 pm
Yes, I started the session in both Asio and WDM and issue returned.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 4:56 am
So, there seems to be TWO things going on. Digital Static and Responsiveness / Lag. Both seem to occur at the same time. I swapped out my usb cable, and the static seemed to have gone away. However, the Lag comes back after about an hour. Even after pumping up the USB latency in the ASIO panel for the Numark sound card. Just a bit confused why it has to take 30 min to 1 hour to happen? and what to do about it. CPU seems to be doing just fine and no other issues on the computer.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 3:11 pm
JameySewell wrote :
So, there seems to be TWO things going on. Digital Static and Responsiveness / Lag. Both seem to occur at the same time. I swapped out my usb cable, and the static seemed to have gone away. However, the Lag comes back after about an hour. Even after pumping up the USB latency in the ASIO panel for the Numark sound card. Just a bit confused why it has to take 30 min to 1 hour to happen? and what to do about it. CPU seems to be doing just fine and no other issues on the computer.

Swapping out the cables didn't work like I thought :-( It eventually came back after an hour

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)