Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I get VDJ8 to not show so many iTunes folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to reduce the number of initial folder options on the left hand browser window. I've got it down to just iTunes, using Settings, but even within that there are lots of useless folders such as - Books, Music Videos, Pdfs and more. Is it possible to get VDJ8 to show just iTunes playlists? Any help appreciated.

Dev

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 11:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not sure on this but how about finding those folders in your o/s and make them hidden folders, maybe.

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 2:50 pm
I don't think they're actual folders, just a section within the iTunes database XML (itl) file.

It's just one file, like the VDJ database, and VDJ reads & displays what's in it.

It might be possible to comment out those parts, so VDJ can't see them, but you may find that iTunes would put them back again.

I did try this a while ago, when someone else asked the same thing, but didn't have much luck. Right now, I can't get VDJ to read/display anything from the iTunes database!

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 3:06 pm
I seem to remember it was something Apple changed in the last iTunes release and they can't be removed. I dumped iTunes years ago, it's terrible.

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 4:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)