Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Load Error onto Phantom Deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VideokieControlleristMember since 2015
We are brand new to VDJ, using VDJ8 on an Emulator Touch Screen Unit with a MOTU4Pre Sound Card. Every once in a while, if you have difficulty dragging the song up to lets say deck B, the track seems to actually load to what I can only refer to as a phantom deck. Once you finally get a song loaded onto the deck and play it, at the end of the track, the phantom deck suddenly starts playing the track you had trouble loading, at full volume. When this happens, no other deck is playing and if you try to use another deck, you have no control over the program. The only solution for getting the song to stop, is to shut the program off and start over. We have been hooking the unit to an external mixer so we have a kill switch on the volume.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 12:11 am
What skin are you using ? Usually tracks don't load on "phantom" decks unless the skin you use has such "decks"
Also, the reason that the "phantom" deck starts is that most likely you have "relay play" enabled. Relay play will start the next available deck when the previous one stops playing.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 1:13 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Or the songs starts playing on the preview player?

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 8:32 am
We are using the MULTI Touchscreen Skin. There are only 2 decks on it, but "phantom" is the best way I can describe what is happening. Checking the settings that were mentioned now.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 4:06 pm
I cannot find a setting for relay play either in settings, on the screen or in the manual. Can you give me an idea where I would find that?

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)