Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Accessing "played song" programmatically

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running VDJ8 and am looking to do some customization. Is it possible to programmatically see a list of all songs that have been played during the current session? I realize this resets when you close/reopen the program or manually toggle this flag.

Thanks,
John

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 6:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Create a filter folder.
I believe the action should be

Already played = 1

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 12:24 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
just have a look at the "my libary " tool in the download area.
this tool offers a lot of various filter folders. Also the oneĀ“s that might fit your needs.

If you just want a script for the currently played use :
exists = 1 and days since last play < 1

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 12:28 pm
Thanks for the answers. I was wondering if there was a way to access this information from an external program. Imagine an app that can show a list of available songs but mark out the ones that have been played.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 4:31 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you can drag and drop the tracks you want to play to the side list and choose the option to remove when played. if you do not enable remove tracks they will still be displayed but marked as played.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 4:45 pm
It is possible for an external program to read your database and compare it with your history file(s).
Yes, why not. If you or someone else is a developer it could be done.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 6:38 pm
Cool. Thanks. I will try the comparison of the history files against the main database(s). I was also considering using the "last played" field (or whatever it's called) in the database XML. I was hoping there was a file just for "played" but now I see that it must be stored in memory/RAM.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 7:12 pm
Last played field is an option too.
Maybe its the better option if you are using 'lastplayed = today'

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 10:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)