Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SR Deck load issues, VOODOO! :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

To start off DDJ-SR firmware is up-to-date.
Current Build 8.0.0 mac build 2522.1077

After the last 2 build updates the DDJ-SR controller is rendered useless after a short amount of time and have to turn off the controller and turn it back it on to work again. Some crazy voodoo internal stuff is happening and it is no fun. Happened a few times during 2 different gigs and I sounded like an idiot when trying to play it off because the song either starts on a hot cue after trying to load another song or a sampler effect *air horn* goes off.

This is what happens that I tried to recreate. Hitting Sampler and then to Hot Cue a few times, when that happens it loads some track that is highlighted or copies other track some how, if I keep kitting the hot cue 1/2 the sampler starts to cycle through randomly (seems like coding is triggering cycling through the different samplers and playing the sample pad im hitting and also the song at the same time.) If I hit play/pause on one side it stops the other side.

I really don't know what's going on. Reset Virtual Dj to factory settings still does it. Have some weddings and gigs coming up. Need a fix.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 10:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its a known hardware issue. Contact Pioneer Tech Support. Your controllers needs a new motherboard.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 4:37 pm
Do you know of anyone that got it done? No one on the phone will give me a price quote... and This is my busy season. Might just have to buy a new one.

Is there any way around this for now?

Posted Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 9:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I know at least 2 Greek users who fixed their SR at a local Pioneer Service point, but both were under warranty.

Posted Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 10:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)