Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I map master effect using ONINIT?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want an effect on 'Master Effect' to always be active on startup of VDJ 8.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 7:57 pm
add something like this top the end of ONINIT

master effect_active 'LoudMax' or master effect_active 'PluginName'

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 12:03 am
Doesn't work.

Also while I am here I am trying to get a mic working. It works fine like this.

down ? deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 linein on : deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 linein off

But if I want to add a reverb effect to it I can't figure out how to keep the reverb active after I let go of the button. If I turn the reverb on before pressing the mapped button it turns off the effect even though the effect is not mapped to that button.

Edit: Actually I think I can see why that would happen as the effect would no longer be routed to the deck as the aux button off means the deck is no longer reading it as a linein. Kinda a pain since when using a mic you want to keep the reverb from cutting off. Hmm. Not sure there is a way around it. Inside VDJ at least.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 4:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
needs to be ..
deck master effect_active "EffectName"

for the Reverb effect on the Mic, try ...
down ? deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 linein on & deck 4 effect_active 'Reverb' on : deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 effect_active 'Reverb' off & deck 4 linein off

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 7:53 am
Adding deck to master fixed that so thanks for that. However the reverb gets cut off on your other suggestion like I said. As soon as I release the button the reverb gets cut off because obviously the reverb is not being fed through the line in as it is being told to be 'off'. The only other way I can think of is to hold the button down until the reverb effect fades out to prevent it cutting off. BTW another method is to set 'effect_active 'reverb' on' for both instances in the line but what I found although the reverb effect continued it has a glitch in it because effectively you was turning the reverb on then off then on again to catch the reverb fading out.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 11:15 am
djdad wrote :
needs to be ..
deck master effect_active "EffectName"

for the Reverb effect on the Mic, try ...
down ? deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 linein on & deck 4 effect_active 'Reverb' on : deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 effect_active 'Reverb' off & deck 4 linein off

Master effect 'ONINIT' is sorted.

My other problem appears to be related to my controller only having mic 'passthru' to the master output. No software routing (Pioneer cheaped out on my DDJ-SB2). I can only use 'linein' which means any effects applied MUST keep linein on deck 4 open (No post fader effects option).

I have worked around it by using two buttons. One for linein/effects and one for down/up volume. My map for those buttons currently looks like this.

'Shift_Pad_Trans'

" rightdeck ? down ? deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 3 volume 50% : deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 3 volume 100% : leftdeck ? deck 4 linein & effect_active 'blockfish' & deck 4 effect_active 'floorfish' & effect_active 'Tal-Reverb-3' "

Now I would like to be able to get either the 'LED_Shift_Pad_Trans' or 'LED_Pad_Trans' (Not sure which?) to blink on and off when I toggle the 'leftdeck' button using the 'shift' + 'Pad_Trans' buttons, but I cannot figure out how.

Any help with that will be gratefully received. :)

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 9:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)