Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Fade to Black.........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just noticed this lastnight but when pulling the volume down and video fading doesn't show up on the preview screens???

It only shows on the master preview screen. I tried a couple of different skins and it was the same.

So is this by design or a bug?? I'm gonna say a bug because I should see the fade on the preview screen......

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 2:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It stays on the both windows here (Master and Deck) with VideoVolumeLink to off
How is your Volume Fader mapped ? Any customized action ?
Which unit are you using ? Maybe one with "fake" mixer ?

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 5:47 pm
I'm using my DJM 850 and with Phantoms skin it switches to the fake mixer commands.

As for how it's mapped, those are how ever you or the team has mapped them. I haven't touched that part of the mapping.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 7:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Oh sorry, just read your post again. You say that you should expect the video to fade on all screens, but this is actually the expected behavior. If you have the fade disabled, you will get full video in all screens.
Imagine that you need to prelisten a deck. You would expect to have the video in full view on your deck , just like you have audio on your headphones.
In fact the setting VolumeLink doesnt affect deck preview windows. It only affects the Master Video preview.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 7:38 pm
If VideoVolumeLink is set to 'no' then there is no fading with volume so it appears with no fading :)

If VideoVolumeLink is set to 'yes' then it behaves as huey described but I think this is probably how you want it to work but maybe not.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 7:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd have thought pre fader preview would be an advantage so you can VFX a muted channel and see the preview before raising the level/brightness

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 7:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)