Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, I'm by no means a professional DJ (have DJ'd a few times at friend's functions etc.). I have a really urgent problem.
I agreed to DJ (for free) at a local charity women's fundraiser, which is on Saturday 31st Oct (tomorrow, where I live). The organisers have managed to borrow a P.A system but only recently advised that they had no money left to hire some decks etc. for me. So, I thought I would try using Virtual DJ8 on my imac (free download, as I'm not using it for professional purposes - not getting a fee). I watched a video and worked out how to do the 'stereo splitter' - mono1, mono2, deck1, deck2 - so I can cue/preview the songs. But a notice keeps appearing which talks about purchasing a License. I don't want to rip anybody off, but financially things are very tight for me, I'm not getting paid for this charity event and the organisers can't help financially. PLEASE can someone tell me the cheapest way I can do this so that I can use VDJ8 at this function and not worry about the 'license' notice appearing and freezing the music?
Thanks in advance
ANJI

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 12:28 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 12:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)