Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ7 - Pioneer DDJ Wego 3 Not recognised.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all,

I'm using a Mac and still preferring to use VDJ7 due to numerous annoyances with VDJ8. However, I just purchased a Pioneer Wego3 and VDJ8 can see it fine ( although some elements don't work within it ) I can't use it in VDJ7 ??
It's there, but it just sees it as 'Pioneer DDJ-Wego 3 Audio Out' So, basically it's just using it as a Sound Card ( useless )
Any ideas/suggestions or is it such a new controller that this is putting us in a position to have to use VDJ8 ??

regards
Pete

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 3:35 pm
Newer controllers aren't backward compatible with V7 unless a community member is willing to create a definition and mapper. Atomix don't see any reason why people won't move to version 8 so they are not willing to provide mapper support for V7 any more on new controllers.

Keith

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 3:51 pm
Thanks Keith

I thought as much.. but thought I'd ask just in case someone out there loves VDJ7 over VDJ8 like me :-/

regards
Pete

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 4:05 pm
There are plenty of people still using version 7 for various reasons. I had to move over to 8 as I bought a Pioneer DDJ-SX2

It takes a bit of getting used to and lately there have been issues with the betas. Version 7 was certainly more solid and hassle free, that's for sure!

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)