Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Could someone please help.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, I've been told that it's possible to bring the deck monitors back to life as they use to function in v7 when playing audio only files. I've tried to work with the current set up in V8 where they are blank but I can't get my head a round blank monitor screen.

I have my own skin made by Dan who hasn't objected to anyone working on the skin. Or any skin that has similar large video windows and lay out would be fine.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

This is them as now when using audio only files...

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 5:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You should be able to wrap the previews in panels and use is_video and loaded to work out which decks are loaded and have video, and thus be able to determine where the visualisation is running.

I've made it a bit easier, I've just added a new script command (it's not in the current build) to determine if a deck has the visualisation active on it, making it a piece of cake for a skinner to do.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 7:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks Scott, now here's a job for when you next have a cup of coffee, sorted... lol

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 8:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Default skin quick test:

<group name="preview" x="+1" y="+131">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="left">
<size width="110" height="61"/>
</video>
<button x="+0" y="+0" action="deck left video_transition" dblclick="video_crossfader 0%" rightclick="video_crossfader 0% while_pressed">
</button>
</group>

<group name="preview" x="+115" y="+131">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="right">
</video>
<button x="+0" y="+0" action="deck right video_transition" dblclick="video_crossfader 100%" rightclick="video_crossfader 100% while_pressed">
</button>
</group>

Replace that with:

<panel name="deck1_preview" visibility="deck 1 is_video ? on : deck 1 is_audioonlyvisualisation ? on : off">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="left">
</video>
<button x="+0" y="+0" action="deck left video_transition" dblclick="video_crossfader 0%" rightclick="video_crossfader 0% while_pressed">
</button>
</group>
</panel>

<panel name="deck2_preview" visibility="deck 2 is_video ? on : deck 2 is_audioonlyvisualisation ? on : off">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="right">
</video>
<button x="+0" y="+0" action="deck right video_transition" dblclick="video_crossfader 100%" rightclick="video_crossfader 100% while_pressed">
</button>
</group>
</panel>

<panel name="deck1_master" visibility="deck master is_audioonlyvisualisation">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="master">
</video>
</button>
</group>
</panel>

<panel name="deck2_master" visibility="deck master is_audioonlyvisualisation">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="master">
</video>
</button>
</group>
</panel>

Note, the used command is not available in the current builds, it's in the next build...

Probably possible to shrink that down a bit, but it was just a quick test :)

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 8:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)