Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Change colour of visual for use as button?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know it's possible to define blocks (squares/rectangles) of colour for a skin by using visual type="color" source="constant '#252525'" then specifying its position and size...

....but is there a way of changing the specified colour of these visuals for off/on/over and so on?

I'm thinking about using it for buttons. Rather than having to draw bitmaps in different colours and pointing the skin XML to their x/y coordinates, it would be useful to have the software do the drawing and changing of colours when selected, hovered over and so on.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 12:58 pm
You can but you'll have to code them individually using "visibility=..."

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 2:21 pm
How exactly, for (say) a play button?

Assuming the visibility would use a variable, how does one determine if the mouse is over the button, or if the button is active (pressed)?

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 3:30 pm
Ah yes, it won't work for over I don't think. But you could could use:

visibility="play ? on : off" for when playing
visibility="play ? off : on" for when not playing

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 4:00 pm
Thanks. I shall perform experiments in the lab.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 4:04 pm
Actually you may need

pause ? On : off

When the track is not playing

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 4:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
keep in mind that if you follow this path (creating visuals with visibility instead of using graphics) you will end up with a "heavy" skin. I would still recommend drawing graphics and using visuals only to add something to an existing skin to avoid dealing with the png.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 10:02 pm
You mean it's more CPU (or GPU) intensive? It makes the skin slower?

The 'VDJ 8 but by FRUiT' skin uses this method extensively to draw the skin background and I don't recall anyone complaining about problems.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 10:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)