Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Worse scratch sound quality after update?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
After one of the recent updates, I noticed a degrade in scratch sound quality. I haven't changed anything in my PC, I just updated Virtual DJ.
Here is a video of how it sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV2ZgDabxgM

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 11:25 pm
I've done some more testing. It seems like the sound quality is back to normal after changing skins, but after a while I get the bug again.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 11:48 pm
Yes! now I'm 100% sure how to trigger the bug. Let's say I'm scratching on deck B, if I load anything on deck A I get the sound glitch. When I change to another skin it's back to normal until I load another track on deck A.
Here is a video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXEdIOnCvL0

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 11:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 7:33 pm
Hi djdad,
I highly doubt that my computer specs are the problem as some of the older Virtual DJ 8 versions worked perfectly for me and didn't have this problem.
Here are my pc specs:
cpu: Intel Core I7 4790 3.6 ghz
gpu: Nvidia GTX 970
sound: Realtek HD audio

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 8:09 pm
I have tested several builds and found the one that caused the problem. From Build 2479 (4 October 2015) and onward I get worse scratch quality. Reverting to previous build 2465 (20 September 2015) fixed the problem. I forgot to add I'm using Asio4all audio driver.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 10:28 am
A realtek card and Asio4all aren't an ideal solution. They are not optimized for low latency which you need for scratching.

Are you using a controller, does it have a built in audio interface?

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 10:30 am
@kradcliffe I'm not using a controller, just keyboard and mouse.
I know my soundcard is not the best when it comes to low latency, but it did kinda work fine with Asio4all at some point. Something in build 2479 changed that.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 7:18 pm
why are you not using the latest build or 8.1?
2479 is kinda old

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 7:32 pm
@wickedmix I use Virtual DJ 8 daily and have tried almost all the builds from 2479 up to the latest 8.1 build. I still get the same problem with the latest build.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 8:38 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
obviously not ... current build is 2582
what type of soundcard do you use ?

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 6:26 am
Omar_DmX wrote :

sound: Realtek HD audio

I forgot to add I'm using Asio4all audio driver.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 9:47 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you confirm that you have your issue with the Build 2479 and not 2465?
Do you have the last version of asio all ?

If you open the settings, modify an option or sound config and close, does it fix the scratch sound? Or it's just when you switch the skin?

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 8:44 am
@djcel
Yes I can confirm that, the problem is immediately fixed after uninstalling build 2479 and reverting to 2465.
I have the latest Asio4all version installed (2.13). I got the same problem with the previous version too (2.12)
I just tested with the latest 8.1 build available (2587), modifying an option or sound config does not fix the sound, only switching skins does.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 11:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)