Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Expiration of CU songs?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HipstaControlleristMember since 2015
Just fired up my computer and received a message on the Windows start screen that 9 of my Content Unlimited songs are about to expire (did not say which ones) and I must address the issue right away. When I opened VDJ, I didn't get any messages saying anything about that.
Is this something new or something I overlooked when I purchased the CU subscription?

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:51 pm
If you start at page 55 of the manual it gives details pertaining to CU. I'm not a CU user myself, but I think you have to refresh the cached files every 30 days or so.

Start up VDJ while connected to the internet, find the folder where you keep the tracks you've downloaded from CU, right click that folder and select Refresh Cache or something similar.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 8:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The windows start screen doesn't know about content unlimited, only VirtualDJ does, so I'm not sure what the message you got was for.
Anyway, just starting up VirtualDJ is enough. It will refresh songs automatically if they are about to expire.
If there was a problem refreshing the songs, you will get a notification about it, and clicking on the notification shows you the files that are about to expire.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 5:18 am
HipstaControlleristMember since 2015
Thanks for the replies. It wasn't Windows per se that gave me the message; just a message that came up during startup from VDJ stating the expiration warning. It's a Windows 10 thing I guess: messages you can't get any clarification on!
Yes, I hadn't used VDJ for a few weeks, so I guess that was the problem, I've used it for the past few days now and haven't had any such messages.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 2:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)