Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video tied to vertical volume sliders (anyway to change this)?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Help!
Is there any way to disconnect video fading out from the deck vertical volume sliders? I do VJ work exclusively and am always bothered by the fact that you have to keep the vertical volume sliders up full because as soon as you lower them to tweak the volume, the video output starts to fade to black right away. So by 80% your video is noticeably darker and does not pop as it should when all you want to do is tweak the volume. Using VDJ 8 with Denon MC6000Mk2 controller in Win 10. I hate having to ride the master volume control all the time to tweak volume levels....

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 12:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Search, videoVolumeLink in options, set it to no.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 1:18 am
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Locodog! - You are the best!

I think maybe VDJ has got it wrong for a default setup out of the box. Any thoughts on this or should I be working around this pet peave as I have been doing in the past????

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 6:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
His has been the default for a very long time, even prior to v8.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:50 am
SBDJ wrote :
His has been the default for a very long time, even prior to v8.

I know hence my pet peeve. Any reason in particular? Thanks
TMF

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 10:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's been an option for ages, RTFM

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 12:21 am
locodog wrote :
It's been an option for ages, RTFM

Not the question - why is it not a default setting out of the box to have the vertical sliders disconnected from the video fade? I would imagine most users would want it this way unless there is a specific reason...
Not everyone has loads of free time to RTFM in the hopes of finding such a small nugget of info all the time - and I really am a manual reader. I do believe that this is the purpose of these forums, don't you?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 5:26 am
I'm sure VDJ is configured this way by default because that is the way a video mixer would be set by default. If you bought a separate video mixing panel you would expect the vertical sliders to fade the video on the corresponding channel.
Of course you consider your Denon an audio mixer first and foremost, as would I, but when paired with VDJ it is also a video mixing panel when video is enabled.
Personally, I'd want it just the way VDJ has it and allow the users to set their environment to their liking.
With a product as feature rich and flexible as VDJ, is impossible to have default settings satisfy everyone. Thus, RTFM is essential.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 1:49 pm
The trouble is, I find that the mic inputs on the MC6000MK2 necessitate coming down on vertical sliders to balance it properly to mic levels even after adjusting the sensitivity controls. It simply works better that way. Because the sliders were linked to video they were darkening the vid output making it a poor choice. I worked around it before by using a separate mixer for mics which gave me great flexibility at the cost of being equipment intensive. By de-linking it gives me more flexibility with just my controller I am finding. I think I much prefer the flexibility of this new tweak far better for my VJ needs...

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 6:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Which is why the option is provided for you to turn it off if it doesn't suit your workflow :)

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 3:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)