Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: repeat_start for beat aware fx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm trying to have an automatically beat aware fx with script,but I'm foggy with what I can do with variables
What I need is to compare startBeat to nowBeat and if the difference => 8 stop the repeat script and stop the fx

How do I compare 2 variables (can I do it at all?)
or should I compare startBeat (+8) to the param get_beatpos?
This is what I have so far

effect_active "echo" 1 & get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set "startBeat" & repeat_start_instant "beatWatch" 33ms & get_beatpos & param_cast & set "nowBeat" & (somehow compare vars, =>) ? repeat_stop "beatWatch" & effect_active "echo" 0 : nothing

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 10:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
param_bigger can be used for that.
It can accept 2 actions as parameters, so you can have
param_bigger "get_var 'var1'" "get_var 'var2'" ? this : that

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 11:38 am
Thanks for that, I forget that vars can be called as params with "get"

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 11:41 am
There's a problem here, I think

get_beatpos & param_cast & set 'nowBeat' & get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set "startBeat"

works, but adding repeat_start into the equation and it doesn't work out

get_beatpos & param_cast & set 'nowBeat' & get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set "startBeat" & repeat_start_instant "name" 33ms & get_beatpos & param_cast & set 'nowBeat'

have a try to script the original idea and tell me if it's a bug or user error.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 12:45 pm
It's a bit complicated why the script isn't working like you wrote it, but an easier way to write it is:

get_beatpos & param_cast & set 'nowBeat' & get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set "startBeat" & repeat_start_instant "name" 33ms -1 0 & set 'nowBeat' '`get_beatpos'

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 1:22 pm
Thanks that works, -1 for infinite repeats, Zero for ?

For anyone wanting this here's an example with echo for 8 beats, change "param_add 8" to whatever length you want.

effect_active "echo" & get_beatpos & param_cast & set 'nowBeat' & get_beatpos & param_add 8 & param_cast & set "startBeat" & repeat_start_instant "rsiBeatWatch" 33ms -1 0 & set 'nowBeat' '`get_beatpos' & param_smaller "get_var 'startBeat'" "get_var 'nowBeat'" ? nothing : repeat_stop "rsiBeatWatch" & effect_active "echo"

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 1:49 pm
I don't think the -1 and 0 are necessary actually, was just testing while trying to get the original script to work.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 5:35 am
Another one, I'd like to change this

slip on & loop 0.5 & repeat 235ms & down ? key 0 ? key -1 : key -1 ? key -2 : key -2 ? key -3 : key -4 : loop 0 & key 0 & slip off

from a static (preset bpm) press and hold, to a dynamic single press, I've got ideas to use similar to above but of course being in a loop means it won't work the same. So I've ideas to query the in loop pos, but if I could query the slip position it'd be less brain ache.

Can I query the slip position?

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 2:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)