Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ does not support Blackmagic / declink cards - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Does anyone know how I can play out videos directly through decklink video cards?? Unfortunately vdj does not recognize it decklink cards.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 10:19 pm
Should be working in VDJ camera. If you are using windows you can try thru camera interface in TellyMedia. If it does not work there let me know.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 10:58 pm
@ Don. yes u can see it in camera (for capturing). But I'm referring to Video out. Just like you could play out videos in any other video card

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:38 am
Yes I see that now Billy. It is listed I think primarily as a capture card but see you play out videos thru the card. So how does relate to other similar cards and are these able to play via VDJ? How do you typically feed the video to it with given software that supports it?

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 5:59 am
Hello again Don:
* even the capturing is not possible, no matter the settings from Telly media to match with the decklink card.
*Decklink card has both capture and play out. with other video softwares, such as XTV Suite, Youplay etc.. i can easily play videos out through the decklink
With vdj, I can only play out video through the normal Nvidia graphic card.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 9:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Can you set windows to display an additional desktop screen on it?

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 7:25 pm
Hello SBDJ, I didn't quite understand your question but if you are referring to having an extended display out then the answer is yes. That's how I currently output my videos. My main challenge is not being able to do that through blackmagic's decklink card, which gives a much better broadcast output.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 5:41 pm
OK, let me clarify:

Can you set windows to give you an extended desktop on the decklink card?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 12:45 pm
No please SBDJ. I presume it's because the decklink is not a graphic card but just a "play out" card, and / or a video capture card. But almost any other video software recognizes it for a play out.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 9:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to set the 'videoFullScreen' option to 1 or 2 and restart.

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 6:37 am
sorry Adion I really don't get your solution

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 2:28 am
No solutions so far?? Anybody??

Posted Sun 25 Oct 15 @ 3:10 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Open VDJ Config - Option and enable Advanced Options and search for "videoFullScreen"
Switch 0 to 1 and close the option, then try it again.
Means shut down VDJ and start it again, then test it.

If this will not work, test 2 instead 1 and try it again.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 15 @ 4:52 pm
Hi Haui, thanks for your input but I got that from Adion and didn't quite understand how that could solve the problem because the Decklink card is just a display-card and not a graphic card. So it is not seen listed under the video driver of vdj.

However you can see the decklink-card (blackmagic) listed under the audio driver of vdj, and you can hear sound if selected.
I have indeed tried the options that you and Adion suggested but it still doesn't work.

All you see on the output of the decklink card (with or without vdj) is a black screen (indicating the display-card works but waiting to be activated by a software).

It works with other broadcasting / edditing software

I'll be very grateful if any assistance can be offered to resolve this. Thanks.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 10:38 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Have you tried the way we advised?

Guess the Team will need to know what has worked or not.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 2:47 pm
Have you actually tried what Adion asked?

Until you do, no further feedback or suggestions can be offered.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 8:40 pm
Hello again,
please I did state in my earlier post that yes I indeed tried what Adion suggested and it didn't work.
Many Thanks for your support

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 11:20 am
You didn't say you'd tried it, apologies.

Unfortunately I've done some investigation and it looks like the application that is going to use the decklink card would have to explicitly support that card via some additional code.

So at this time, sorry, but it will not work.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 3:09 pm
Hi SBDJ. Thanks for your support and rather unfortunate the card won't work now. I hope Your able team will look into it soon.

Please I'm quite matured and will definitely apologize if I make any mistake. You unfortunately did not read the message well because it is still evidently there!!
I did say i tried it. kindly read my follow-up to Hui's 1st message. Its no issues but just for us to be clear. Kindly find below the re-post and highlighted.
I really appreciate the efforts your team put in this fantastic software.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 10:38 am
Hi Haui, thanks for your input but I got that from Adion and didn't quite understand how that could solve the problem because the Decklink card is just a display-card and not a graphic card. So it is not seen listed under the video driver of vdj.

However you can see the decklink-card (blackmagic) listed under the audio driver of vdj, and you can hear sound if selected.
I have indeed tried the options that you and Adion suggested but it still doesn't work.

All you see on the output of the decklink card (with or without vdj) is a black screen (indicating the display-card works but waiting to be activated by a software).

It works with other broadcasting / edditing software

I'll be very grateful if any assistance can be offered to resolve this. Thanks.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 6:24 pm
Sorry, I missed that line, I apologise.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 9:08 pm
95%