Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Question about Video Samples..........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I make my own animated logos and I export them out as a full uncompressed AVI at 1280x720.

Next ill load them into VDJ's sampler , set the transparency and all that good stuff now when I play the sample VDJ always plays the sample for Tue first time with a stutter, never fails.

If I continue to use the same sample everything is good but when I switch up samples then they'll stutter on that first play no matter what.

My question is, what format should I be exporting my videos out to for the smoothest, best looking playback with VDJ's sampler??

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 1:12 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Since V7 had the infamous missing cover art in the clipbank cells I found when converting video samples to WMV HD-720 640X360 all cover art would show in clipbank, I still use the format to this day, quality is fine on the screens that I run them through.

Avi as you know can make for massive file size, where as WMV is quite the opposite, re render a test file and judge the results.

Settings I use in Vegas: 6Mbps HD 720 - 30p Video

EDIT Just re read your initial post and I think I see your problem, after exporting the file, you need to render that file in a video editor to bring the file size down, use the settings I've already posted and I think you should be good to go.

If you need any more help on the rendering settings just let me know.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 3:37 pm
Cool, I thought that might be the case.

Ok ill try your setting tonight and report back.

Thanks for the time.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 4:00 pm
Ok so I'm still using the AVI format but went with a compressed version so my file sizes went from a gig down to about 89-250mb.

Thanks Tayla.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 2:02 pm
No probs, I still think you want to be looking at rendering them, but as long as your happy and feel safe with what your doing that's the main thing.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 3:20 pm
I use Vegas movie studio to render my files, I can talk you through the options I use, including transparency settings if you like, just download the free 30 day trial and then you can decide to buy if you want it at the end of the trial.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 5:39 pm
Just to give you an idea on file sizes, this AVI file before rendering to WMV HD was 395MB after, it came down to 6.93MB. Obviously you can't get to see the true HD quality when posted in Youtube.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)