Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: AKIA Apc40 and VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stonbriPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello fellow djer's I've dig out my apc40 and have tried to use it with vdj8 and none of the led's come on for the decks. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've messed with script to get it where I have it now but can't seem to get the led's to come on.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 11:30 am
As far as I remember, for some of the leds to work properly the unit needs to be in mode 3 (Alternative Ableton Live mode)
This means that you must use (and modify) the built in native mapper of VirtualDj.

If you do so, please remember that besides the button script you need to change the led script as well.
For instance, PAD1 is:
<map value="PAD_01" action="var '$shift' ? sampler_stop 1 : sampler_pad 1" />
but it also has it's led mapped as
<map value="LED_PAD_01" action="sampler_loaded 1 ? sampler_pad 1 ? var '$shift' ? constant 'red' : constant 'green' : constant 'yellow' : constant 'black'" />

So, if you change the PAD_01 code, you will need to change the LED_PAD_01 as well.

Also, since APC40 offers some colors on most buttons (pads) for those buttons you CAN'T type "on" and expect the led to turn on.
You need to substitute the "on" verb with "constant 'red'" (or green or yellow)
Also, "off" is "constant 'black'"

Finally if you want to blink a led you need to use the following format:
hot_cue 1 ? blink ? constant 'red' : constant 'black' : constant 'black'
(This example blinks the led RED if hot_cue 1 is set)
Also if you want to blink between 2 different colors you can type:
hot_cue 1 ? blink ? constant 'red' : constant 'green' : constant 'black'
This example blinks the led between RED and GREEN if hot_cue 1 is set and turns off (constant 'black') the led if there's no hot_cue 1

I hope this info helps.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 1:22 pm
Actually it makes sense but I already tried what u suggested for a single button and it did not work, here it what is defaulted

I'm at a loss

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 3:48 pm
Hmmm. It seems there's a regression bug right now with "sampler_pad" command. That means that you are not doing anything wrong.
I will report the bug and it should be fixed in a future build (most likely next build)

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 9:19 am
From what you see here, is it wrong and do you see the issue

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 11:13 am
I was wondering if they are addressing my issue, since the last update it still does not work

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 1:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, but really dont see anything wrong in the default mapping and cant understand of which bug you were talking either.
In the pic you have posted, i see a few LEDs turned on.
what exactly is the issue ?
None of the LEDs work with the default mapping ?

Keep in mind that only the LEDs of the loaded Sample slots will light up. So if you load a Sampler Bank with only 10 samples, only the first 10 LEDs will light on. That's the behavior of the default mapping (to show if a slot is loaded or not, and this can be changed with a custom mapping of course)

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 4:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)