Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Some Problems with Denon HC4500 Controler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Forum.

I recently bought VDJ and last weekend it was my first time with VDJ on a party where I ran into some trouble after some time using ist.

1.) After approx one Hour of playing music my 2nd Desk began to set a very short loop during playing (just some milliseconds length of loop). I was not able to stop this loop by hitting "Exit Loop" Key. Only a reload of the song to the desk solved this. (the crowd and I was very confused about this) - This only happened once.
2.) Second Problem occurred on the my 2nd Desk with the tempo slider. Sometimes it got unresponsive and a loaded song got automatically adjusted to the 1st desk playing with very high BPM difference. (different genres of music)
3.) Again, some time later, the sensitiveness of the 1st Desk Jog-Shuttle Disc increased dramatically. Just a slight touch and the song cursor jumped a minute up or down. I had to use the mouse / touchpad to reallocate the correct position in a fine way. I was not able to solve this problem during my set. I had to live with that the next hours.
4.) Some hours later, next problem with my 1st Desk. From now on, the jog shuttle disc changed its functionality. Instead of searching through the song. It now selects the song inside the browser. That was the time to start my backup system for just one Song.... Restarted VDJ and everything was good for the last hour.

Sorry that I'm not able to provide more information (is there a log created of the night? Maybe I can submit it here.)

Last to say, I never had such problems with another DJ Software Suit in the past. I think I have to revert back to it. Sad for the approx 180€ I had to pay for VDJ. :-(

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 7:12 am
The issues you mention are not bugs. Some of them are options you can change, and some others just you not knowing very well how your controller works with the software.

So:
1) Most likely you started a loop_roll, which doesn't exit with loop_exit button, but only with the button that engaged it.
2) That's an option. Turn "autoBPMMatch" to off. Also you may want to turn off "autoPitchRange" as well
3 & 4) The jogs on VirtualDj can perform several actions. On the lower left side of your jog (on the controller) there's a button that changes the "mode" of the jog. Use that button to select the jog "mode" you need on the fly. By default VirtualDj always start with the jogs acting as "jogwheels". But with this button you can change it to "seek" (which was the first "issue" you experienced) or to "browser scroll" (the second "issue" you experienced). With a third press the jog would return to it's normal "jogwheel" operation.

Please take some time to learn the software, and especially its integration with your controller.
If you have questions or need any help please don't hesitate to use the forum and ask us whatever you need. However, please use the appropriate forum since all the issues you mentioned are not "bugs"

Thank you! :)

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 11:41 am
Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it!

All my "Issues", except no 1, can be reproduced and you are right, it was my fault!
About issue 1, its still unclear for me. In that case I haven't even touch the controller. Mysterious.

But for sure, I have to go deeper into the software. Seems to be more powerful as it seems on the first view. :-)

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 7:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)