Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: delay fx tail

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Instead of picking at each beta when adjustments to the tailing fx are made here I think is better.

My test is I have deck 1 and 2 as exact clones paused

I then use this custom button

deck 1 play & deck 2 play & deck 1 effect_active "reverb/echo" 1 & deck 2 effect_active "reverb/echo" 1 & deck 2 effect_button "reverb/echo" 2 1

So the only difference is deck 2 has a tailing stop and deck 1 does not.

I then press another button

deck 1 pause & deck 2 pause & deck 2 effect_active "reverb/echo" 0

Until deck 2 matches deck 1's fade (and neither fx does yet) 'd say there is more work to be done.
I must say it is getting better but it isn't right just yet.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 6:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Some reasonable cut-off point has to be chosen though, otherwise the plugin would stay active forever.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 6:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thanks for the reply,

I don't fully understand how that cut off is chosen, so there's missing knowledge on my part but is there an audible cut at present I think it needs to be extended so the cut happens later still, is there any real issue with letting it decay naturally and having the kill later?

With other tracks playing it isn't so noticeable but a track on solo it stands out like a sore thumb.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 7:18 am
I'm with Loco on this, if a cut off has to be choosen it should be when it is not humanly possible to hear the echo or delay anymore. It has to sound like the plugin would when i pause a track and let it fade out to nothing.

As it stands we are close and I thank yall for doing this but the sudden cut off is no good.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)