Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Random hiccup briefly in every gig despite disabling everything else-what gives?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I DJ a ton using my Macbook Pro and am running on OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5. I have 100 GB of space left on my hard drive and my CPU usage is the lowest setting during my sets. I disable WiFi and everything else, run Caffeine which doesn't allow the computer to try to shut down, disable screen savers and sleep modes and everything, yet on half the gigs I have, I have one small hiccup that will randomly happen during the middle of a song, and it will continue without incident for the rest of the gig. It's driving me crazy to not know what exactly is causing this problem.

All of the wires I'm connecting with are very new, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a wire? It doesn't sound like it's a wire, though. It's not static sounding; it just skips and cuts out for a split second. Anytime my USB connection becomes loose, it automatically says no sound card detected and won't play, so I don't think this can be my connection. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:07 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What controller or mixer and soundcard are you using?

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 10:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)