Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My first experience with VDJ and mapping Pioneer DDJ sx2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So Ive been a serato guy for a long long time. Im starting to do video and serato just only plays half of my videos which was disappointing. A DJ friend of mine had VDJ7, tried my videos there ALL WORKED I was so happy. I paid 300 and got the latest, VDJ8, well, just like serato, half of the video WILL NOT play. Installed 7 on my mac and BAM All videos Played but now my DDJ sx2 will not work with 7 as it did with 8. this is again disappointing as my first experience with this software. I have looked and looked all over for a mapper...nothing. is there even one out there? if not,.....then..thats a huge fail for my first time over to this software.. i really hope somewhere there is a mapper. Thanks for your help

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 3:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Well instead of expecting old software to support new hardware, approach the non playback issue of v8

What type of file where you trying to play?
What happened?

I have suspicions I know what the issue is but I don't do mind reading so fill us in.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 5:42 am
I'll have to get the specs on the videos that plays in vdj7 but does not play in vdj8.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:09 am
The issue is I have .mp4 that plays in vdj7 but not 8 and .avi that play in vdj7 but not vdj8

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:11 am
And what happened was when I load the video in vdj7 both audio and video track played. In vdj8 just the audio track played and a black video screen

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:24 am
Sounds like a codec issue, I'm sure one of the technical staff will have more questions for you soon.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:36 am
I was thinking that and I hope. This all looks promising and I hope there is something I can do to make this work.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 8:37 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you share the video's that don't work (on dropbox or similar for example) and send me the link, I will have a look at them.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 11:37 am
So here is what I found. All my.vob files will not play in vdj8 but play perfect in vdj7

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 5:09 pm
*sigh* now I've found mpg files that won't play in vdj8 but plays perfect in VDJ 7. I'll try to upload a few and share. All my new promo only stuff works perfect. My older stuff is hit an miss. This is why I paid 300 because serato is the same issues and vdj8

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 5:38 pm
DRM issue??

But please do as Adion requested (upload a failed file or 2 to dropbox/etc and send him a link) He's the guy you want looking at the problem.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 6:39 pm
Def not DRM I sent him a few songs

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 5:02 am
The problem has been found, and should be fixed in the next update.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 5:44 am
Wow. Awesome! Thank you greatly. How long till the update? I do have a little time.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 8:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Most likely not before tomorrow.
so a new beta version can't screw up some gigs.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 8:42 am

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 9:29 am
I'll give that a shot. As I said I do mostly audio right now and want to move a few gigs to video soon. If this earlier one works I'll give it a shot before the new one comes out. The support here is impressive. Thanks a lot. I'll keep an eye out for the new one. PM me when it's out unless the software will tell me idk lol

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 1:58 pm
The software will tell you if you have all that shizzle turned on (and have a net connection).

Be advised though, that it's never a good idea to use new updates for gigging - which is why Atomix tend to release them post weekend.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 3:45 pm
8m mainly serato but for video it's terrible and a few other things so I do have a working gig. Vdj8 is something I want to move into. It does a better job

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 6:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
New build is out with the fix :)

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 4:13 pm
80%