Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video stalls after 4 mins..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

as the title says, as the video plays it freezes the video stream at just on or after 4mins.
(Ive had a look around for others with this problem but nobodys mentioned it yet)

Its been happening on the last few Betas (Though not had time to roll back to the "Release" yet) But I feel it needs looking into somehow.

It happens for me on ANY video type longer than 4 mins.

I'm running an i5 4690K 16gb ram, 120 SSD, 3 large harddrives internal and set to never spin-down.
2 Graphics cards tested: On-CPU Intel 4600 series and nVidea GT 630
Tested with the nVideo in and out the system and tested with vdj screen on intel and video out on nvidea (to see if it could leverage the power of each GPU for each display but no help)

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:57 pm
I too have had issues rolled back to the previous PUBLIC version and that went away. I don't know if mine has to do with Milkdrop or not, but I was noticing that towards the end of my video playing the video itself would freeze until the next one started playing.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 4:30 am
Public version BEFORE 2465. I think it was 2441.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 4:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Does the problem change when you set useDXVA to no?

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 7:14 am
useDXVA set to on or off doesn't help sorry

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 10:18 pm
Best to post a problem sample file when you can. After trying various videos over 4 minutes that worked fine I found the following sample where the video stopped playing. The audio continued normally. I sat thru it twice for 4 minutes until the video stopped playing and then just tried seeking past the 4 minute mark and could see the problem faster. This file is 14 minutes 47 seconds. Always around the 4 minute mark the video stops and audio continues. Plays normally in other players. It is MPEG Video version 2. Then tried another MPEG Video version 2 file that was around 6 minutes and it also had the problem. Other formats seemed to be ok. If Atomix lets me know they have the file or don't need it I can go ahead and remove it from server. It is about 396 MB. DXVA was not an issue. Build 2483 PC.

http://www.tellyvisuals.com/sintel.zip

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 7:01 pm
I now have the same problem after an update on Saturday then going to work the video's just stop and the music plays no proplem. must be the update as all working ok last week. tried about 10 video's and all have the same problem.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 9:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks, I got the file. The problem should be fixed in the next update.
Should only have occurred with mpeg2/vob

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 10:31 am
(Sorry I didn't post up an example file was a busy weekend with gigs, etc)

The latest beta build (2500) seems to fix the 4minute issue with .vob files (after a little bit of testing) but time will tell when I'm mid-flow at a gig. when I find another file that still stalls i'll send it to you, Adion :)

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 9:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)