Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Quad and VDJ 7.4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
I have owned the mixdeck quad for a couple of years now It has worked well up until recently. I have always run it in 2 deck mode, but now it is not functioning in 2 deck mode. The headphone buttons seem to override the output, and faders are not communicating properly. I managed to get it to work with the 4 deck mapper, but that is not what I want to do. Any suggestions on how to get it to work in 2 deck mode again?

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Maybe something is wrong in your Audio Setup ? If i recall, it requires a Master & Headphones one, correct ?

Are you using some custom mapping ? Have you tried with the default one ?

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 6:09 pm
I'm not using custom mapping. I did load the map that Numark offers, that's how I got it to work in 4 deck mode. With or without that map though, it won't work in 2 deck mode. Audio setting are exactly what is suggested on this site.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:26 pm
BTW. I even tried using a different computer and new controller. Still the same.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:27 pm
Also tried VDJ 8. Still the same.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:33 pm

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 7:44 pm
I managed to get it working. I had to remove the Numark mapping file, go figure. That link you have in your post is for VDJ 8 not VDJ 7.4. I set soundcard to 4.1 (Mixdeck quad) and headphones to master front/headphones rear

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:44 pm
BTW, the mapper that Numark gives you (Mixdeck quad1234) only works in 4 deck mode. Removing the mapping was what made everything work.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:49 pm
Glad it worked for you. Probably Numark has some older version of the mapping.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 10:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)