Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PLEASE HELP - VIRTUAL DJ 7 is not sorting same as ITunes Latest Version 12.3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please help - I am trying to get Virtual DJ 7 to sort the songs the same as ITunes does. It used to work until the latest updates. If VDJ just reads ITunes then why the change? Also, are there any workarounds besides clicking on the column to sort it manually? I tried registry tools and that did not work. I contacted support and they are no help! Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Being that apple change their SW more often than most people change their socks, and v7 being in more or less legacy status, I think your options are move on to V8 or abandon itunes.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:40 pm
Thanks for the response. VDJ Support says VDJ just reads ITunes so I was wondering how it did not still read that or change the code to what they are reading to possibly fix it?

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 7:10 pm
VirtualDj 7 is a discontinued/legacy program. We don't provide updates for it unless it's something extremely critical (like how the case was when iTunes 12 broke support completely, or when CU needed to be updated)
Further updates of VirtualDj 7 are not about to come, while your iTunes keep updating and changing.
Eventually, the way Apple works (not backwards compatibility in several cases), iTunes support will become worse or will even brake again.

If you using iTunes is mandatory to your workflow, then you should really move forward and use VirtualDj 8 as it's our current version that keeps updated constantly, ensuring that it will always work properly with all it's tools (iTunes support included)

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 5:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)