Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Skin Animations very jerky and not smooth VDJ 8, WinXP.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Build 2465. I installed Virtual DJ 8 on my Dell XPS M1730 Laptop that has a dual boot XP Pro 32bit and 64 bit, I just found that the Turntable animations are very poor and not smooth. My other Dell M1730 Laptop is the Windows 7-64 and it is very smooth. I know that XP is getting very old, but I would think that the Skins would work as good as Windows 7.
I want to keep my XP laptop for my main VDJ software but it performs like the older versions of VDJ. Everything else works good but the Sound and visuals are poor. I had to install Asio4all V2 to get the sound to work.
Why would the visuals be so poor. The Laptop is a 3,4ghz dual core with a 4 Gigs of memory and a GTX-9800 Video SLI card with SLI turned off. I an sure that it is because it is XP that is a fault, but all my other games run butter smooth.
This happens on all skins including the default skins.
Tried the options setting at 30fps, 40fps and 60fps with no change in smoothing the rotations.
Shell Icons work perfectly in Windows XP 32 and 64 bit. Why not Windows 7-64? They do not show up most of the time just the default white folders.
Jon J.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 7:00 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Have you tried to change the option "skinDisableHWAccel".
I don't know if it helps, but worth a try.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 9:18 am
Thank You PachN, I have been playing with it more this last few hours and if disabled the hardware Accel & it makes the skins look less in quality, the Moving Scratch Wave disappear, but they come back when turned back on, no change in Animation smoothness . I do know if DirectX is turned on for Gaming it is much smoother for that kind of software. I have also tried this in my Windows 7-64 and the same problem in the Quality, as it goes down when turned off.

I am very well educated with knowledge of Nvidia Video drives and hardware settings, and I can not get my XP-64 Os to be as smooth as my Win 7-64. Both Laptops are Identical in Processor, Memory and Video cards, & SSDs just with a different Os install.

My Benchmarks on my XP 32/64 laptop are off the wall in performance, much better scores than my Win 7-64 scores. AquaMark is 160,000 points Score XP 32/64, 120,000 points in Win 7-64. My FS9 Flight Simulator runs a 80 to 90 frames per second and is very smooth when flying. But why not VDJ 8 ?, as it is struggling to turn the Turn Tables and the Scratch Waves are moving along with a very intermittent Jerky motions. Looks exactly like the older versions Video quality of VDJ 7 on back.

I also have a Super Desktop PC with the 8 Core AMD 8350, 16gigs of Memory, GTX295 Video Card, SSDs in Raid-0, and it also does have the same exact Video struggles with VDJ 8. I will try uninstalling VDJ 8 and go way back to the earlier builds and see if it still has video issues and then step up one at a time with the VDJ 8 updates to see where the problem starts to degrade. Then we can get a specific cause of what the code is doing in the VDJ 8.

I have never felt angry whatsoever with the VDJ 8's quality and performance, I love this piece of artwork that Automix has created. I will be buying the Pro version later this year. It is worth every penny for the quality and hard work from the Staff.
Thank You very Much for your continued support and updates. :)
Jon J
TJ THE DJ :)

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 11:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)