Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newb just trying to use his Hercules MK4 (error in asio sound driver)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using a Satellite C55-A laptop and running windows 8.

I bought a hercules mk4 and it came with a cd to install the driver info and a supposedly compatible version of Virtual DJ. I have the serial number on the driver so i could register my product after i created an account that way i could use a version that allowed me to hook up my mk4 to the software. I do not want the free home edition.

Okay so heres the issue. I got it all, installed everything, plugged in my driver and vdj asked me for the serial number. I type it in and i get a message saying "error in the asio sound driver." I spend an hour trying anything my tech ignorant self can to get it to work and nothing. I take it to my computer smart friend and he comes back later saying its because the cd that came with the driver gives me VDJ version 6.1.2 and its not the latest version and not compatible. He unknowingly downloads the useless home free version 8 that wont let me hook up my mk4 and gave it back.

This morning, I signed up for a vdj account and got my liscense for vdj through typing in my serial number. It also gives me the license for version 6.1.2... I download and install anyway and shocker i get the "asio sound driver error" again. I cannot find anywhere to get the license for the latest compatible version and im not buying it unless thats the last choice i have. Please help me or point me in the right direction because I've wasted so much time on a companies laziness and just want to mix already.

(Update) After the error in asio sound driver message i get another message saying invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 12:57 pm
The "Error in ASIO drivers" is because Windows are using your controllers soundcard as their default playback device, preventing ASIO drivers to initialize.

The solution is simple:
1) Connect your controller on your laptop
2) On the lower right side of your desktop (on Windows taskbar) right-click the speaker icon and select "Playback devices"
3) Check if your controller's soundcard has a green checkmark on it. If it does proceed on the rest steps
4) Right click your laptop's internal soundcard
5) Select "Use as default playback device"
6) Right click on it again and select "Use as default communications device"

Now start VirtualDj again.

PS:
For the skin error, most likely it's because you installed VirtualDj 8 and then you uninstalled it.
As a solution please re-install the original VirtualDj version from your CD

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 6:11 am
I try that and my driver isnt even an option in that playback devices folder. The mk4 wont even turn on when it is plugged in. Any idea how i would get that to work. When i originally plugged it in it lit up but now nothing

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 10:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)