Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help! Missing Freetype.dll

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I recently build my own music production PC and the problem which I'm experiencing after installing Windows 7 Home Premium and of course Virtual DJ, is that every time I click on the icon an error dialog appears saying...

"The program can't start because freetype.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Followed by another dialog saying...

"QuickFontCache.DLL not found!"

I have tried reinstalling Virtual DJ multiple times and still no luck!

Any help?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 11:19 pm
OK so it's telling you that freetype.dll is missing. Did you search your computer and confirm that you do actually have that file?

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, VirtualDJ itself is not using this dll, so you should probably have a look in Documents\VirtualDJ\plugins and remove the plugins you don't use.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:17 am
@Adion
I haven't been able to install any plugins since i can't even launch virtual dj! I also had a look in the plugins folder like you said and all subfolders are empty.

@groovindj
I did a search for "freetype.dll on my hardrive where i installed Windows and it did come up with the "freetype_x64.dll" version used by FL Studio (I never use Fl Studio anyway!) so should I uninstall FLS?

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 3:18 pm
UPDATE

Its ok gentlemen! I uninstalled FL Studio and Virtual DJ is now is fully up and running! Ableton Live all the way!

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 3:21 pm
Well done, and thanks for posting the solution.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 3:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
And to conclude it was the use of rewire in VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)