Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database didn't load...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not sure what's up with this, but I started up VDJ8 (been using it for a few months now) and the database didn't load. No songs in the library, had to reload the whole thing, lost all my play counts, every song shows as new. And most importantly - ALL MY CUE POINTS ARE GONE!

What's up with that? That makes me want to switch back to 7. Reliability should be top priority.

UPDATE: while reindexing my library, I saved a copy of the database.xml into a different folder. I then restarted, and swapped the old database.xml for the new one. Everything is back. Very strange. Still, not something I want to do before a gig.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 2:32 pm
Just take a backup of your database weekly, that way if it all goes Pete Tong you will have a recent reference point.

Not really any reports of the V8 database going bad at all .......

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The database probably didn't corrupt (as it was working properly on second start).
What could happen is that if you close vdj and re-open it before it properly closed that the database was still locked by the first instance of vdj. In that case checking the task manager and make sure all instances are closed before opening it again should allow the database to be loaded again.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)