Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Some things from 7 that I miss in 8... any solutions?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A few months back, I upgraded to VDJ8 from ver 7. Two questions...

In 7, if I loaded a file (after a search) and then loaded another file before playing the first one I loaded, it would send the file to my side list so that I wouldn't have to search for it again.
VDJ8 doesn't do that by default, but I may be missing an option somewhere. Any ideas?

Another issue is when I start a playlist and a song is already loaded on one of the decks. Even if that song has been played, my playlist will then begin with that song. I've added a "unload deck" button, but is there a better way to make it work like ver 7?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 2:24 pm
It's in options: SaveUnplayedToSidelist

For the automix, you could enable automix dual deck, but there seems to be a bug where when your track finishes playing and automix is on it doesn't start the automix on the second deck. I will report it.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 2:43 pm
Thanks for your help on that one, I must have overlooked it. So many options in 8. Exactly why I asked.

As for the automix, it doesn't seem to matter if one deck has a song loaded or if both do and whether or not they've been played has no bearing on it. It will play on which ever deck has a song loaded and it will play that song first. Very bad when doing a wedding and coming back after toasts to start dinner mix and the intro song starts playing.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:23 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Set the Option "automixAutoRemovePlayed" to yes.
That should remove already played from the automix list.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:43 pm
I think he's talking about the song in the deck already before automix starts.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)