Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX waveforms freeze up when sound directed through controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Macbook PRO 15inch, Yosemite, VDJ PRO 8, Pioneer DDJ-SX.

Whenever I switch my settings to play sound through my controller, and press play, the song will not play, and waveform seems to vibrate or jiggle. I cannot scratch, no sounds occurs, I've tried all four decks. I've poured over all settings, I've reloaded and updated most recent firmware for my DDJ-SX multiple times, I've deleted and reloaded VDJ8. When music is directed to play through laptop (laptop built in speakers) everything works fine. Jog wheels work/scratch fine, all midi function seems work properly. Error seemed to come into existence after switching from a small 4 channel usb mixer numark m6 from a setup I had outside at a wedding. Went back inside to my main setup (Pioneer) and issue started occurring.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 11:38 pm
You've missed the most important info from your post.

What are your settings? How do you have the SX configured in the audio section of VDJ? Did you follow the PDF guide?

Are you using the Pioneer ASIO driver? What's your ASIO buffer setting?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 5:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Mac doesn't need the ASIO driver.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 9:50 am
Oops, I wasn't paying attention!

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 5:31 pm
Everything was up to date (Yosemite, VDJ, Firmware), had recently upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite (30 days before El Capitan was released), I learned today. Tried reinstalling Yosemite, updating firmware, reinstalling vdj. Finally had to back up the upgrade via time machine to before upgraded to Yosemite (went back to Mavericks) and everything was perfectly fine the second I turned everything on and plugged in. With El Capitan being release a few days ago, i'll try upgrading again in a few months and just skip Yosemite. Once I see less complaints on the threads, appreciate the help. I'm convinced I had a corrupt install of Yosemite. VDJ would freeze up when adjusting settings after awhile, and seemed just generally buggy after the upgrade. Thanks for the help.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 6:59 am
It's always best to stick with a working system, rather than upgrade just for the sake of "new shiny". :-)

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 5:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)