Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: virtual dj 8 deck2 output modified vocal sound.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kibo71PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi
Iam using virtual dj 8 latest build on mack computer with xdj 1000 players and djm2000nxs mixer. Everything is working fine except., I have recently noticed that sound output on deck2 comes with modified frequency responce. The effect is lagely noticable on the vocals, on every song the vocals sounds like sound of children singing.

When i load the same song on deck 1 it sounds ok. I have checked and tried many settings on my equipment but it seems the problem comes from my VDJ 8.
Please let me know what might be the problem and how to solve it.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 7:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
even if Pitch is at middle (50%) position ? Maybe Keylock/Master Tempo is disabled on the right deck ?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 10:51 pm
As DjDad said, make sure you have Master Tempo enabled on Deck 2 :)

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:50 pm
Thank you,
With Master tempo enabled, it helps. But it seems also when loading a track to deck2 it inherits key from previous track or something. Example From the info panel I can see track on folder is at F#m but the deck section shows it has loaded and play at A#m key, so I need to increase the key by clicking + or key lock to reach correct key.
To some of my Djs the procedure seems to be difficult to manouvre during perfomance need to be simple
I think there might be some settings that i can change to change this behavior so that tracks loads at their original key.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 6:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You haven't enabled the option 'autoKey' have you? It's disabled by default.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 9:31 pm
Not yet.
I will enable autokey and test.
Thank you.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 6:07 am
I have tried to enable autokey in the options panel. But still I seem not to be able to make tracks load with their default (recorded) key, some tracks start to play with higher keys others with lower keys until I gamble with pitch slider, press master key button and or click on key+ or key- buttons. By default, I would prefer to be able to load tracks at keys as songs could be played on home audio system or something.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 11:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
SBDJ wrote :
You haven't enabled the option 'autoKey' have you? It's disabled by default.

@kibo71 pay attention, nobody said turn autokey on.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 11:40 am
We have succeeded to avoid the un-predictable pitch alteration problem while loading tracks by switching to Vdj7 2 deck skin.

I think we are missing something with the settings within the standard Vdj8 skin.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 7:56 pm
I just switched to default skin from browser skin, while deck 2 was playing , and did not here a difference. Then I switched back, again no difference. Please make sure, you don't have any mapping issues, or reinstall 8 and see if that helps.

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)