Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 2465 Not showing Music File Names. Also out of order.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

100s of music files in my Billboard collection all have their names but VDJ 8 does not see them. Shell Icons still will no show up. I have 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s. Music folders but they show up not numerical.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 5:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For the alphabetical order, right-click the parent folder and select 'reset sort order'
For the track titles, check using the Tag Editor. Most likely the files have 'Track 1' etc in their tags, even though the file name may be correct.
You can either select all files and fix it from the tag editor (get title/artist from filename option), or disable reading title/artist from tags for all files from options.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 8:29 am
Thank You Adion, The reset Sort Order worked. I had to look for that option. I did not find the other options setting as of yet in the options for the (get title/artist from filename option), still looking for it. I was not to concerned about this problem as there has been very good help from your staff for what ever comes up.

The Shell Icons work and load perfectly with the VDJ 7, loads the Shell folder's list quickly, but VDJ 8 seems to have a problem with Windows 7-64 and they try to show up in sections. XP 64 Bit seems to be ok, I will check them again in XP and report if it is a 7 OS problem? I mainly use my Dell XPS 1730 for VDJ 8 as it is more portable.
My Desktop PC is a Windows 7-64 Pro, 8 core AMD 8350 with 16gigs of memory and a GTX 295 CO-OP Video card and the Shell Icons have the same issue as my Laptop.
Many suggestions have been offered from your staff and other users with no resolve as of yet. Other users have also reported this issue.
Thank You very much for your kind help to all. :)
Jon J.

P.S. I found that option that you suggested, Thanks!
Adion, I removed the Track # as you suggested per song and the Billboard Music Titles are starting to show up now, but it is doing it slowly. The only issue is that I tried selecting the Tags as a Batch per Album and there is no info showing for the list of the files in the album Tags selected. I may have to spend several hours of editing them one at a time, removing the Track #s.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 2:41 am
Thank You Adion, The reset Sort Order worked. You're the Cat's Meow, the Dogs Bark! I have done what you had told me and all of the Billboards have found their home now in VDJ 8, and the Titles are showing up, and are correct. You have really helped me out with your help.
Thank You!
Jon J.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 3:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)