Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Possible Memory Leak

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I have noticed in the latest b.2465 a problem when recording the set on Video with MP4 files. After about 50mins (1GB) of recording the program started to behave strangely. It started showing the message "You don't have enough continuous memory etc." on loading a song on a deck, some MP4 didn't load any audio at all without any message. I checked the memory usage and it was about 16%. So i thought it has something to do with the recording and i stopped it, without any luck.
After restarting the program and without recording everything was back to normal.
I have recorded with older builds for many hours without any problem at all.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 2:33 pm
System specs: i7-4710HQ, 16GB Ram Nvidia, GTX870M, Windows 10

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 4:25 pm
Yup I'm getting the same error lately........ Glad it's not only me now

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 12:02 am
@beatbraker1 are you also recording?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 7:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So it is only happening when recording video, not audio?

Edit: I've been recording mp4 video for 15 minutes now, and so far memory usage does not seem to have gone up for me...

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 8:45 am
I did not try to record audio only.
In the first 15mins i didn't also had any problems...

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 10:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
My recording file is now at 1.5 GB and still recording. Vdj is using a relativ constant amount of RAM being between 450-500 MB

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 12:23 pm
Are you just recording a file or a set? Maybe it has something to do with mixing, loading new videos on decks etc.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 1:53 pm
The most time VDJ was just playing in Automix.
But I did some testing myself including manual mixing, loading vidoes to other decks and start playing them.
Loaded an audiofile into a deck and start it, Milkdrop took over the visual part but still no increasing RAM usage.

I even set all decks to pause, still recording, went into the kitchen to prepare some food, and continued recording an our later.
So there was a 1 hour break were no deck was playing, but vdj was still recording.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 8:59 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was talking with the Resolume guys and they had mentioned some issues with NVIDIA cards and Win 10. It may be driver related... I have not seen it and I also have the 870m. But I had to roll back from 2465. I am also still on Win 7 for my main machine.

Get the latest here http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 6:31 pm
I have the "GeForce Experience" program from nVidia that searches every day for updates

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 3:09 pm
Maybe it's a bug in any of the newer drivers.
I too have this programm installed, but never, maybe once, I can't remember, updated my nVidia drivers.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)