Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: external soundcard+vdj+usb=crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys I have problem. Because of lack of win 10 drivers for my echo indigo dj soundcard (expresscard) I had to switch to NI Audio Dj MKII soundcard which is USB card. Now I have problem i never experienced before (tested on win 10). If I use VDJ8 with this soundcard - everything works fine untill I plug in external USB stick or Hard drive and use audio or video from USB instead internal notebook hardrive. In that case VDJ often ( about 3x times per gig) freeze durin attempt to load mp3 or video from USB and even auto-restart dont work - I have to use task manager to shut down VDJ. WHat can I do with this problem ? Its kinda serious issue because I often use USB stick with mp3s. Now IM all the time nervous that it freeze anytime. I have brand new powerfull notebook (HP ZBook) witzh very powerfull hardware Thank you in advance for help.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 11:24 am
The only thing I can think of is, did you set to make sure those USB port don't power down when not in use ? Make sure it's not falling to sleep/turning off.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 11:52 am
interesting idea. I didnt know there is some function in windows that enable/disable sleep mode for USB. Okay I found some realted post about USb sleep mode, I will try it...

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 1:21 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Device manager, universal serial bus controllers. right click on the usb hubs and go to properties, then power management and untick- allow computer to turn off this device to save power

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 2:59 pm
I tried that but it didnt help. However I identified that problem appear only on 2 USB ports from total 4 usb ports on my computer so on 2 USB porets VDJ occasionaly feeze when track load from USB on other 2 ports its fine.. If I place USB stick to other USB ports, there is one second delay before VDJ load track but VDJ dont freeze. What it can be ?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 12:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The ports may be shared internally with a usb hub, so the usb ports that are shared with the sound card could be affected by the sound card's drivers. (perhaps using up all the bandwidth or requesting priority over the usb drive)
If you are using ASIO, you could try to switch to using WASAPI for the sound card instead to see if that makes any difference.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 8:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)