Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 has playing errors after exiting Automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tried searching for this issue, couldn't find it. I submitted a ticket to support, and the only response I got from them was to post here. So I'm hoping I can get some help or insight from this group.

Running the latest version of VDJ 8 on a Windows 8 computer with 8gb RAM. All drivers updated. Playing through a Numark dual-channel sound card into an American Audio 4-channel mixer. The Numark splitting decks 1 and 2 into separate mixer channels.

This issue has happened twice - both times after clicking out of Automix. A few minutes after exiting Automix, I'll have a song playing on one deck, and when I load a new song into the other deck, all audio on the playing deck stops. The track is still playing, but all audio is gone. Additionally, at the same time this issue happens, VDJ 8 loses it's audio split, and both decks start playing through just one mixer channel.

This only happens after using Automix, which I use regularly for dinner/cocktail music. In two recent events where I did not use Automix, no issues. Two recent events where Automix was used, the issue occurred.

Is this a known bug, or is there a cause/solution, other than not using Automix?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 5:32 pm
The Devs regularly go through these threads, so I'm sure they will see this issue, and try to reproduce.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 15 @ 5:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)