Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Most songs showing up as "error"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ninjajtcControlleristMember since 2014
Hello,

Today randomly, 3/4ths of the songs in my library started showing up as "error". This is not like the normal database error, though, as I have no option to choose to find the missing file, the song just comes up as an error. The locations of any of the songs have not changed either, and have been in the exact same spot as they have been for the past year. I have tried restoring to factory settings, yet that did nothing. I also have played the songs outside of virtualDJ to make sure the song files are not corrupt, and none of them are. All the song files are in .mp3 form, and were playing perfectly until today.

I have a mac and would love a fix for this, as this is extremely frustrating. I simply cannot DJ at all when I am missing 3/4ths of my entire library.

-Jackson

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 2:53 am
Hello,

I'm had the same exact problem as ninjajtc at a event today! On many songs I got a RED X and the songs wouldn't play.

I'm surprised that nobody from Atomix has addressed this issue and it's been over a month since his post.

Please help!!!!!

David

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 6:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Open the tag editor for one of these files, and check the full path shown there.

If it's only while searching, you could first re-add your library using right-click and select add to search db for your main music folders, and then clean the database from the browser options button on the left side of the browser.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)