Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No playlists under itunes and no search function.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I use vdj the only way I can get songs is through going to the music folder, then itunes folder, then itunes media, then music. When I click the last music folder, hundreds of folders of artists get listed and I have to scroll through all of them to find the song I need. This is very tedious. Before I upgraded to LE after getting my numark MT3, I could go directly to the iTunes folder and when I clicked that all my songs would pop up and there was a search function so I could just type in the song I was looking for. Instead, now only about 1/10th of my songs show up when I click the itunes folder and I no longer have to search function. I already tried renaming the itl to iTunes Music Library.itl and that didn't do anything.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 7:26 pm
Go to iTunes top location in the browser. Right click, select recurse. Select all tracks found (Ctrl+A), right click add to database. Done.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 7:39 pm
I just did that but the search bar is still missing and the playlists are still missing. The main thing i need is the search bar.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 7:48 pm
Oh, maybe your LE version doesn't have a search built in. I have heard of this in the past and it's absolutely crap if it's the case.

Very bad decision by Atomix to omit it as it makes the LE version unusable forcing you to upgrade.

Raise a support ticket and ask the question as to why the search bar is missing.

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

Keith

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 8:03 pm
Yes it is crazy in my opinion. What's the point of having a browser if it's not possible to search your track collection? A very odd decision from Atomix.

I guess it just goes to show how few LE copies of VDJ 8 are out there, as I'd expect huge hoards of people complaining about an essential function being removed.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 9:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)