Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video drops on still images and loops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
https://youtu.be/KN_CXv0bWx4
In the atached video link you can see my problems
1) At the end of a song always there is a blackout on an still image using slideshow or essentialvisuals background image.
2) Video blackout on loops. When I make a video loop I have a blackout each time that the video loops. I am trying to use it to show a rotating logo.
Please correct it or tell me what I have to do to avoid this.
Bests
Manu

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 4:55 am
I think the drop to black is just the natural behaviour of automix.
I recommend to not use videos in VDJ if you can just load an image into the sampler and use that.
That will also make it constant if you don't assign the output of the sampler to a deck i think.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 1:24 pm
Hi
Do not aree with you that it is natura behaviour of automix. The software must do what it is programed not what it want. Maybe if fade or other transitions is configured as transition effect it could do the fade but nevers goes to black (black to video producers is the dead). I work with 8 meters screens and this behaviour is very striking.
The use of virtualdj could be more than a video mixer. In my case I use for videodj, karaoke and for audio video events where a logo loop and still images could be a part of the event while a song automix list is playing whithout interfere in the video output. With 4 decks there is a lot of possibilities that can be used.
Best Regards

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 10:34 am
I just tried this, as I do not use automix on a regular basis. I could not reproduce this affect. I tried with Telly Media, Slideshow, and the Sampler. Is it possible that you are using files that have blank spaces before or after the picture or video? Could this be connected to your NAS problem?

Posted Sat 26 Sep 15 @ 6:54 am
Hi
I have not used my NAS drive.. only local or USB HDD files... But in my youtube sample only local files.
I have seen diferences between using Intel adapter and Nvidia Adapter. All with latest available drivers. The failure happens always with intel adapter and some times with nvidia adapter.
Best Regards.
Manu

Posted Mon 28 Sep 15 @ 10:02 am
Thank you for solving this issues in latest version 2479.1069
Now video loops and still images work fine no matter the vĂ­deo adaptar is selected.
Best Regards!
Manu

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 1:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)