Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cover Art

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why if when i have covers already downloaded does it not load the cover when i select coverDownload NO
That should now NOT download cover art for new tracks without cover art, but i,m finding it prevents any cover art from showing.

I want it set to no because i don't want it looking if i have no net connection and i happen to have loaded new music with no cover art.

Page 25 http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Manuals/VirtualDJ8_User_Guide.pdf

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 11:09 am
Works fine for me. May be a skin issue.

What skin are you using?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:07 pm
Default vdj8 2 decks. does it on both my machines

Go to another folder have a look

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:08 pm
Is your cover art embedded in the MP3 file?

Here's it showing for me

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:12 pm
Cover art is in VDJ cache folder
Being connected to net or logged in makes no difference
VirtualDJ 8.0 b2441 PC

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:18 pm
Ah, it's downloaded from within VDJ then.

I can't help as all my cover art is embedded with mp3tag.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the problem you have exactly when you leave it to yes while not being connected?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:40 pm
I don't want it looking if i don't have any as per the setting ( why have the setting if it does not do what i set it to)?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:43 pm
There is no separate option to select that you don't want to download new covers but want to see automatically downloaded existing covers.
The reason they are not used is that most people would probably turn it off if they don't like the automatically selected covers.

If you want them to show I suggest you to turn the option back on, I don't really see why it would be a problem if you don't have an internet connection.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:53 pm
Well because it will still try i assume even without a connection so setting it to no i would assume say " hey don't go looking i don't want you to as i have no net connection) but currently you are "getting the hump and refusing me my covers i already have) ;-)

If i tell Windows not to get updates it does not go looking, it also does not refuse me what i already have

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 12:56 pm
I can only assume this.
That setting set to NO then relies on cover being in mp3 track
When set to yes it uses the cache folder so maybe the descriptive wording is not quite right?
Therefore will have to leave set to yes

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 1:08 pm
I can understand the logic behind what paulpa66 is saying.

If a user sets 'coverDownload' to 'no' then the expected behaviour would be simply to not download covers. It shouldn't affect anything else!

If setting 'coverDownload' to 'no' entirely disables the showing of covers in the browser/decks then I would say that's wrong.

IMO the link between showing covers and downloading covers should be removed. They should be separate choices.

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 8:39 am
Set to no it still shows covers manually linked or stored in the tag.
It just doesn't show automatically downloaded covers. I think it would overcomplicate things to have another setting to choose to show the downloaded covers but not download new ones, especially since no actual problem with leaving it set to yes had been reported.

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 9:39 am
Then a good idea might be for the descriptive text and manual to be updated. Why have a cover download cache if this setting prevents you using it.
As i said, i turn windows updates off because i don't want my pc searching for a net connection, same way as i don't with covers.
I turn conten unlimited off in search as i don't want that either, so assuming it is not looking (or is it)

If you need cover art in tags, then why have a cover download option?

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 9:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)