Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track Skips Randomly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This example is not my video or my device (obviously.. its Traktor) but its seriously the only time i've seen this identical issue!
WATCH THE LAST 15 SECONDS PLEASE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8lxhdndpl3suna/Soundaussetzer%20VCI400.mp4?dl=0

virtual dj version: all of them for at least the last 6 months, but it seems like since I got vdj8! i usually update within a few days.
osx yosemite 10.10.3
Macbook pro 15 inch, mid 2010
2.4ghz intel core i5
4gb 1067 mhz ddr3
nvidia geforce gt 330m 256mb
500gb free on 1tb internal HDD

This feels like a weird audio dropout, as the waveform will pause, and jump or skip briefly ahead for a period of 2-3 seconds and the audio follows the waveform while it skips and is sometimes preceded by or followed by silence.
The problem occurs sometimes 2-3 times in a 5 hour set, sometimes never. I have noticed it while using 3 different pioneer ddj-sx and also while using an American Audio vms2. It happens whether or not i am using automix. I have not noticed it without a controller however I have never played for long consecutively without a usb controller. I never had this issue with virtual DJ 7. I recently started djing with my mid 2012 macbook pro instead (similar specs) and have not noticed an issue, but only recently switched over to that device because i prefer the larger screen of the 15". It happens with or without wifi and or bluetooth turned on and whether or not I do a fresh restart and no other programs open. I have also run the machine heavily while downloading music/switching btwn apps, etc. without any problems, I can't figure out how to trigger it. I tried resetting SMC, NVRAM, and disabled all power saving options. Sample rate is 44100, I switched latency from auto to 1024 and ultralatency to no.

If this is because of a setting I missed, my apologies, but i don't know where else to look!

Thanks, Justin

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 12:57 pm
Stating the obvious If its happening in Tractor and on someone elses device then its not an issue with VDJ8 but dodgy tracks.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 7:19 am
That's what I thought the first time or two, but it is random, I can play the same track i've played 20 times flawlessly and then it might happen. I even replaced the hard drive thinking there might be something corrupt but no change. I think it is related how the software is running on this machine, as my 2012 MBP functions fine. And I've never had the issue running VDJ7. While searching the internet for a solution I came upon that video, I only used it as an example of my symptoms. After creating a support ticket I was instructed to post the issue here. I am hoping someone may have run into this issue and found a solution, or that someone can point me in any direction other than buying a new machine and hoping for the best!

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 7:57 pm
Are you saying that it happens on one of your MBP, but not the other?

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 4:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)