Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Build 2441.1060 SBDJ VFILTER Crash.............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MacBook Pro with Pioneer DDJ SP1, DJM 850 and a set of CDJ 850's all midi.

If I use the trackpad to activate VFILTER everything works fine, the problem is when I try to shut the plugin off using the DDJ SP1. VDJ crashes and then restarts.

I can do this over and over and over.

Also I can not use VFILTER with VIDEOBARS. Does not matter the order in which I turn them on the VIDEOBARS ALWAYS get overridden by the VFILTER. I suspect it has to do with the way VDJ layers fx's but I'm no genius so more then likely I'm wrong.......

Also when using VDJ's internal video recorder the words never match the video. Doesn't matter what the quailty is set VDJ just can't get it right. These are standard definition videos and there's no problem with Serato video or Mix Emergency.......

So I guess another weekend without being able to use VDJ........ These are just few of the problems I've ran across in the last hour of messing with VDJ. If a video is needed for any of thee above just let me know and I'll upload it to youtube......

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 1:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
If I use the trackpad to activate VFILTER everything works fine, the problem is when I try to shut the plugin off using the DDJ SP1. VDJ crashes and then restarts.

If you shut vfilter off using the trackpad I assume it's OK then?

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Also I can not use VFILTER with VIDEOBARS. Does not matter the order in which I turn them on the VIDEOBARS ALWAYS get overridden by the VFILTER.

Just tested here; if I activate vfilter then videobars then video fades but the bars do not. If I activate videobars then vfilter, then both the bars and the video fade. This is the expected behaviour. Since you didn't say otherwise, I assume you are activating both these effects on the same deck?

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 1:22 pm
Yes, shutting VDILTER off with the track is fine. The crash happens ONLY when I shut off VFILTER from the DDJ SP1.

Now for the second half. Yeah those would be the expected behavior but that's not what happens on my machine.

Ok I'll activate VIDEOBARS and the bars do show up but as soon as I turn on VFILTER the bars disappear and my video does NOT fade. If I turn VFILTER OFF the VIDEOBARS will RE-APPEAR.

This is what happens NO MATTER how I start the plugins.

And yes I usually have VFILTER running full time (never gets shut down). This works on my PC just fine but thought I'd try out VDJ again on my Mac and nothing was working the same.

I'll get a crash report uploaded tonight because I'm sure that's what your gonna ask for next since everything works on your machine like always.......

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 2:17 pm
Where are the crash logs stored on my machine??

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 3:47 am
Crash reports are uploaded automatically to our servers if the crash occurs online.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 9:08 am
Well the internet providers just left my house and everything is working again soooooo you'll have your crash report tonight....... Since it's the only to send in a crash report I guess.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 7:43 pm
Just crashed VDJ 3 times in a row, please tell me y'all got the crash reports so we can get to the bottom of this???

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 11:11 pm
Yep - there is one there.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 11:34 pm
Just one?? I've crashed VDJ a dozen times since I got home. Does it only store the last crash?

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 12:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Crash appears to be in the VFilter plugin, so the error is with this plugin.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 6:51 am
So now I'll wait for Scott and see what happens.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 2:44 pm
Any word on a fix??

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 2:35 pm
Not yet, I will have a look as soon as possible.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 4:22 pm
Has this been addressed yet??

Also I still have the problem with VFILTER & VIDEOBARS not working together on the Mac side.

I will try to make a video tomorrow showing the problem if needed??

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 3:20 am
Well if your gonna move the thread at least let me know and you can change the title by knocking off the build number since it's still doing it with the newest build plus VFilter still doesn't work with VIDEOBARS on the Mac side..........

Thanks

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 12:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)