Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NV sampler first row of samples ignored?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay I started asking this in BigRon's thread but was hijackin so...what's up with my Numark NV sampler pads? it ignores the first row of samples? me & huey thought we had seen a thread in the vdj8 bug reports but I cant find it.or the NV related threads...ideally I want to request a rewrite of the NV pad button functions.there should be a sample assign button push combination?

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 1:06 am
okay is it in the settings xml? what do I change?
<sampler>
<samplerBank>INSTRUMENTS</samplerBank>
<samplerTriggerMode>on/off</samplerTriggerMode>
<samplerDefaultLoopMode>locked</samplerDefaultLoopMode>
<samplerForceNbColumns>8</samplerForceNbColumns>
<samplerExportLossless>no</samplerExportLossless>
<samplerDontSaveSource>no</samplerDontSaveSource>
<samplerOutputToTriggerDeck>no</samplerOutputToTriggerDeck>
<samplerRootFolder />
<samplerOutputDeck>0</samplerOutputDeck>
<samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>no</samplerApplyEffectsOnDeckOutput>
<samplerVideoVolumeLink>yes</samplerVideoVolumeLink>
<autoSideview>yes</autoSideview>
</sampler>

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 1:47 am
again nobody? so I found what you guys did.samples 1-8 are on the left deck and 9-16 are on the right side.cool but I think if we had a selectable ROW per side....anyway of achiving this?

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 2:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you want both sides to control the same Samples, so have the top row to control samples 1 to 4 on both sides, your best option is to have Banks with no more than 8 samples each.

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 4:48 pm
thanks Djdad,I figured that out as I am now messing with this sampler part a bit but I am leaving it the way you guys made it.the thing is I could use more pad "banks" and I think it would be nice if it could switch to another set of samples via a button command combination? .see I brought in the toolroom stem library and having to prepare each sample at a time.now this is the thing... as I am selecting a color for each,keeping the same color scheme numark uses , red for 4,blue for the next 4 ,green for the next 4 then yellow then orange then other color of my choice,I see there is a bug here with the green as it wont activate the color led's on the NV's pads until I change the "shade" of green a bit.strange.also once edited vdj makes a copy of the edited sample and dumps it in the root folder of the sampler and not making a sub folder as I think it would do.and Im having to "prepare all samples within the vdj sampler editor by reselecting the proper bpm .the packs are in 123,124,125 bpm's but vdj don't see this? I think the sampler editor should be able to detect the bpm when a sample is opened in it.hope you guys can follow what I am saying...

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 10:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)