Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I think I have a USB or MIDI communication issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently had to purchase a new laptop. Now When I connect my controller (Reloop Terminal Mix 4) I can only control the software for a minute before everything freezes or the audio lags terribly or won't play at all.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Drivers, Virtual DJ etc. I have a pro subscription for VDJ8 and the controller wont work with VDJ8 nor Serato DJ Intro (which also came with the unit). It does the same thing with Serato and VDJ8. It will work for maybe 2 minutes and then I can't use the controller to control the software at all. I change the USB port the controller is plugged into and the same thing happens.When I connect to the computers USB port (any of the three) I can only control the software and play tracks for 2-3 minutes. The only way I can use the controller is by using the Virtual DJ LE that was shipped with the unit. When I do that everything works perfectly but of course the Virtual DJ LE is limited.

There's got to be a fix for this. I'm hoping someone can help.

Here are my specs for the computer:

HP 15 Notebook PC 15-r210dx
Operating System and System type / version Windows 8.1
Processor type and speed INTEL Core i5-5200U CPU @ 2,20GHz
RAM amount 6.00GB
Hard drive size 750GB, 442GB remaining

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 12 Sep 15 @ 9:51 pm
I experienced something very similar this past Saturday night while DJ'ing a reception. I run a DDJ-SZ Pioneer Controller with VDJ8. First I played the music for the wedding reception at a different location using my Dennon MC-6000 with the same laptop.

Here is my laptop and settings:

Processor i7-4710Q CPU 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
Memory: 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Controller - DDJ-SZ

While playing the reception I noticed my DDJ-SZ going into standby a lot. The music would stop and start and then VDJ just closed. I tried using VDJ7 to see if that would make a difference same thing happened. Luckily the event was ending and I was able to squeak through... This is my first time in 12 years having a failure. I carry a backup laptop and controller to all my gigs. I'm currently testing the USB cable from the controller to the laptop.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 10:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)