Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Can't Map LED_GOTO_CUE for Vestax Spin (1st Generation) Cue Buttons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The Cue Play Buttons on my Vestax Spin (1st Generation) are mapped to the command GOTO_CUE in Virtual DJ 8. When I try to map the LED lights for the Cue Play (CUP) buttons using the correct command: LED_GOTO_CUE Virtual DJ 8 auto shortens the command to LED_GOTO_CU and the LED's for the cue buttons do not light up. Virtual DJ 8 removes the last "E" from the end of the command rendering the command useless. At first I thought it might be a problem with the word length of the command but I have much longer LED commands i.e. LED_LOOP_IN_OUT that work just fine. Is this a bug or should I be using a different command to get the Cue Play (CUP) button LED's working on the Vestax Spin (1st Generation)?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 1:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No problem here, you may want to make sure that you update to the latest version of vdj 8, I remember some bug possibly related to this had been fixed recently.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 1:38 pm
Thanks Adion, downloading the latest build now.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 11:12 am
UPDATE: After loading the latest build the problem still persists. I try to type in LED_GOTO_CUE and it get's auto truncated to LED_GOTO_CU and the buttons never light up. In fact even with the default Vestax Spin midi mapping the CUP buttons don't light up and there is no LED command for those buttons in the default mapping. I'm stumped as the LED's for the buttons can be successfully mapped in Traktor DJ Studio 3 and Algoriddim DJay.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 11:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What if you select it from the drop-down instead of typing it?

Edit: Or perhaps there is already an item for LED_GOTO_CUE in the mapping?

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 11:33 am
Adion thanks for the follow up. What Drop Down are you referring to? When I create a blank value there is a drop down but there are only five options listed and LED_GOTO_CUE is not one of them. There is no value for the LED_GOTO_CUE already present in the mapping because I create this mapping from a blank page i.e. from scratch. There also is no value for the LED in the default Virtual DJ 8 Vestax Spin mapping. Everything works fine in my custom mapping except for the Cue Play button LED's. By the way just to make sure we're talking about the same button's I mean the button furthest to the right in the transport section on the Vestax Spin (1st Generation) They have a curving arrow pointing to a dot.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 4:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)