Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM's and Cues wont save AND forced to start over every time I start the program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings all,

First of all I am sure somewhere in this vast forum these topics have been broached so I apologize in advance for the questions but I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out why my comp is not working correctly.

Background: I had an earlier version of VDJ on my comp which was running Windows 7 and it was working just fine. Once the update for windows 10 came out I upgraded and all of a sudden the VDJ7Pro I was running stopped saving any of the information for BPMs or Cues. I have been running on my Numarl NS6 from the beginning. So we upgraded to VDJ PRO8 with the hopes it would fix the problem and it did not. We then took my computer operating system BACK to Windows 7, still using VDJ8 and it STILL will not hold any of the analyzed information.

Subsequent problem: Every time I close the VDJ program and restart it, I not only have to log back on to the license (I understand why) but it defaults back to the original skin (2 decks) and none of the settings of the program stays.

PLEASE HELP, I have a wedding to DJ on the 19th so i am trying to get this back up and running correctly before then!!

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 4:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Run vdj as administrator.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 10:23 am
PachN wrote :
Run vdj as administrator.

Can someone point me in the direction on how to do that?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 3:31 pm
Never mind, I stumbled onto how to do it.

That is annoying having to do that every time. Yeesh. But thank you

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 4:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The cause is probably that during the update something went wrong with the permissions of the VirtualDJ folder. (VirtualDJ does not require administrator permissions normally, so I wouldn't really recommend doing this)
You should check the permissions of the Documents\VirtualDJ folder (right-click on it, properties, security) then see if your log in user is listed and if it has full control permissions on that folder.
If not the user account should be added, or the permissions modified.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 8:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)