Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Taking it with me.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use Cue. Bought the disc on line years ago from an authorized store. I have a goal of being able to bring my software installer and all of my setting that are on my laptop for the software stored on a thumb drive. I own the disc and have the exe file for 7 on my computer. My idea is that no matter where I go (as in traveling) I can pick up any capable computer, install the software and settings (a lot of smart folders and keyboard settings included), plug in my music HD and work as if nothing has changed from all of the settings I'm used to having. Which folders do I need to have on the thumb drive. I'm thinking I just copy the entire Numark Cue folder from the documents and that's where all of my settings are stored. Then put that in the documents folder of any computer and it will all work the same as long as I make sure the HD port is named the exact same thing as the one I use now.
Secondly I'd like to be confident that the day my main laptop dies I can set up a brand new one without losing all of the settings and folder/playlists I've set up over the years.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 2:16 am
I've become very good at using keyboard shortcuts and set up a ton of shortcuts to adjust almost everything on the keyboard as if It's a controller.
I don't want to ever lose my settings, cue points, smart and fav. folders or playlists.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 2:19 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I can imagine the nightmare to ever lose settings, cue points, smart and fav. folders or playlists.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 1:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)