Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Get MIDI Messages for LEDs [Mixtrack Quad]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,
i really like my Mixtrack Quad and i am currently developing the next version of my special MIDI-mapping that i'm gonna release as soon as it's stable and finished (2000+ lines of raw vdjscript).
Now i'd like to expand the usage of my controller to control more than one application and Windows as well.
I do so by using Bome's Midi Translator, which some of you might know.
Now my problem is that although i spend weeks now on how to figure the MIDI codes to trigger the LEDs on that damn thing i don't have ANY clues.
I already tried things like MIDI-OX and Ableton to route something through to get any information and i also contacted Numark and their forums but all i have is the triggers of the buttons...
If anyone has any idea on how to get those codes or how to read them please tell me.
Sadly i can't trick VirtualDJ to send the MIDI-OUT to MIDI-OX or Bome, because it won't recognize them as the Mixtrack Quad...
Regards,
Daniel
EDIT: I am also looking for all of the 16 color codes (for VDJ), i found out 14 and only 8 or so are actually used inside the default mapping despite of the device having 16 different LED colors to display...

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 7:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant "read" the Midi Out. You need to know what each one of the LEDs has as note or cc value.
These information are unfortunately up to Numark to share in public. They dont do that (Pioneer and others do though) and of course we cant share this information with you as we always receive such docs as confidential.

So all you can do is try sending Midi notes /cc using MIDI OX and observe if the Leds light on/off.
In most of the times, the LEDs of the buttons will have the same note/cc as the buttons.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 9:11 pm
Okay djdad, i understand.
Thanks for the tipps, i'll try my best.
If i found out these codes, is it legal zu publish them for me or for private use only?
Regards,
Daniel

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Whatever u find on your own, you are free to upload and share with others of course.
Good luck.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 1:09 pm
Alright:
The LED codes are almost the same as the button codes,
so it's XX XX 7F for ON
and XX XX 00 for OFF.

For all the color pads,
the color codes are:
XX XX 00 OFF
XX XX 01 Red
XX XX 02 Orange
XX XX 03 Light-Orange
XX XX 04 Yellow
XX XX 05 Green
XX XX 06 Light-Cyan
XX XX 07 Cyan
XX XX 08 Light-Blue
XX XX 09 Blue
XX XX 0A Violet
XX XX 0B Magenta
XX XX 0C Pink
XX XX 0D Steel-Grey-Blueish
XX XX 0E Light leafy green?
XX XX 0F I don't know, man, could be skin color
XX XX 10 White

Also:
9X XX XX means it's a button
BX XX XX means it's an encoder (slider, wheel, knob)

XY XX XX the Y indicates the deck (0,1,2,3,4) where as 0 is the 'neutral deck' which includes the crossfader, browser knob, EQ knobs,
basicly the entire middle section without the PFL buttons and including the LAYER buttons!

Adress of the pitch-slider LED:
9Y 0D XX (Y is deck so 1,2,3,4 and XX is the on/off value, so 00 or 01)

Adress of the jog led (fill-up):
BY 3C XX (XX goes from 00 to 06)

Adress of the jog led (circular):
BY 3D XX (XX goes from 01 to 0F) [maybe not correct, have to look it up some time again]

triggering 90 75 XX really surprised me,
if you send a value higher than 00, it will LIGHT UP THE ENTIRE DAMN THING.
i alway thought the shift-mode lights/buttons were completely hardcoded but they light up (and shut down) too!
if someone knows what this is i would be grateful because after triggering that no LED's worked anymore (was forced to re-plug)

and then there is only file and folder left which are located at
90 4B XX folder led
90 4C XX file led

i know this is still messy but i will brush this up some time and clear it and so on if other people want to use this.

no confidential information needed :D

thanks djdad for the hint again!

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)